Category

Ethereum

Devcon4 Call for Participation!

When we asked many of you, “What are you most excited for at Devcon4?” most people replied: the people! This is the one time a year we all get together in one place. We don’t want to spend all of… Continue Reading →

Answers to your top 3 Devcon4 questions

Your friendly Devcon4 planning team, here to answer your top 3 questions: 1. When’s the next wave of ticket sales? Mark your calendars! We plan to release the next wave of General Admissions tickets on Tuesday, August 7 at 8AM… Continue Reading →

Devcon4 Application Deadlines Coming Soon

Přátelé. Just a quick update today! Applications for sponsorships, scholarships, student discounts and builder discounts will be up until 11:59PM PST on July 24th. After that, there will no longer be a way to submit an application for these tracks…. Continue Reading →

An Update on Devcon4 Ticket Allocations & Sales

Friends, It has been an exciting week! We initiated our first wave of ticket sales and sold out in just 18 minutes! Don’t worry though, there will be more ticketing waves in addition to a variety of discounts and scholarships… Continue Reading →

Devcon4 Ticket Sales

Friends, Today, we’re happy to announce some significant updates to the Devcon4 website, and with it we wanted to unveil a bit about the ticketing and discount processes and more! Applications for scholarships and builder & student discounts are now… Continue Reading →

Plasma Debit (see…

Plasma Debit (see https://ethresear.ch/t/plasma-debit-arbitrary-denomination-payments-in-plasma-cash/2198) explicitly calls itself a Plasma flavor, and is arguably much closer to an account-based model than a UTXO-based one; in fact, it seems to have very similar properties to what this is proposing. So I do… Continue Reading →

Announcing Swarm Proof-of-Concept Release 3

The Swarm Team is pleased to announce the immediate release of Swarm client v0.3, the third proof-of-concept release (POC3) of the Ethereum Swarm client. The POC3 code is now merged into the official go-ethereum repository’s master branch. Swarm 0.3 has… Continue Reading →

No. But if your argument is that “even with all of their power, miners were unable to push through…

No. But if your argument is that “even with all of their power, miners were unable to push through even highly popular block size increases, therefore governance really is effective at preventing controversial changes”, then that means that PoS nodes… Continue Reading →

> (since fraud proofs are still not a solved problem?)

> (since fraud proofs are still not a solved problem?) IMO they are. See https://github.com/ethereum/research/wiki/A-note-on-data-availability-and-erasure-coding But you’d be right to say that it’s still theoretical and not yet implemented in a live network.

> I think you know my argument is that it’s all tied together

> I think you know my argument is that it’s all tied together Well it’s not. “It’s all tied together” is the sort of argument that’s generally made as an attempt to defend unconnected idiosyncratic beliefs of a political tribe, not… Continue Reading →

I think this article is conflating a few very different issues.

I think this article is conflating a few very different issues. First of all, an entire section (the one comparing Bitcoin to “Old Ethereum”) is focused on governance, and not scaling strategy. Bitcoin favors maximum predictability of the cost of… Continue Reading →

You may love Harberger taxes :)

You may love Harberger taxes 🙂 On Radical Markets Part of the value of decentralized info tech is arguably that it makes enforcing computationally complex peace treaties / rights / norms across a large community much more feasible.

> Plus network latency is bad, and eth node can’t run on any consumer grade laptop as of last…

> Plus network latency is bad, and eth node can’t run on any consumer grade laptop as of last six-twelve months I run a parity node on my laptop just fine.

I think this misses the fact that the sharding spec contains multiple heuristics that allows users…

I think this misses the fact that the sharding spec contains multiple heuristics that allows users to get pretty good guarantees about data availability and correctness even in the case of a malicious 51% attacker. See: ethereum/research As well as… Continue Reading →

>Because of Ethereum’s exponentially growing blocksize, the bottleneck is not regulated

>Because of Ethereum’s exponentially growing blocksize, the bottleneck is not regulated > At some point your node will fall out of sync because of this or a blocksize cap will be put in place. This is *severely* uninformed. Ethereum already has… Continue Reading →

Liberation Through Radical Decentralization

By Vitalik Buterin and Glen Weyl Wealthy societies around the world are facing a growing crisis of confidence in established authorities. Stagnating economies, mounting inequality, political corruption and the increasing monopolization of technology for the benefit of elites have provoked a… Continue Reading →

> Only DPOS BFT can efficiently scale to an unlimited number of validators (at cost to latency).

> Only DPOS BFT can efficiently scale to an unlimited number of validators (at cost to latency). Other protocols grow the resource requirements for finality with O(N²) the number of participants as everyone must talk to everyone twice for each… Continue Reading →

This seems to be the crux of the article, and it’s fundamentally wrong.

This seems to be the crux of the article, and it’s fundamentally wrong. First of all, there is no such thing as a financial instrument where one party loses expected value and no one gains, unless coins are being burned,… Continue Reading →

Devcon4 Announcement

Přátelé, Now that we’re well into the year, we know that many of you have started to plan ahead for changing weather, holiday celebrations, and (of course) Devcon! We’re excited to announce today that Devcon4 will take place in Prague… Continue Reading →

> Finally, the main technical argument given for capped supply (that issuance undermines the…

> Finally, the main technical argument given for capped supply (that issuance undermines the security of consensus) is simply not correct. Here I disagree. > Enough issuance will eventually drive down the price of every individual unit of cryptocurrency, it does… Continue Reading →

© 2018 CryptoMines.xyz — Powered by WordPress

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑